Saturday, November 13, 2010

For Thanksgiving Baskets

Set 239 All Natural

I should have started this blog at the beginning of the year, because I have had a goal this year to make sure that ALL of my Stampin' Up sets see ink.  As of yesterday, I have used 239 sets.  The first 238 cards are in my SplitCoast Gallery.

In fairness, I don't always totally USE the set - even if I pull out one little stamp and it sees ink, I am counting it.  Otherwise, I'll never get done.

Also, I don't know how many sets that I have.  And I'm not counting.  Completing this goal will answer the question and then, when I recover from the shock, I'll probably buy more stamps and keep going!!

This is one drawer of my Stampin' Up stamps and I have many others!


I do take all of my stamps off of the wood and the foam, then apply a little Aleene's Tack It Over and Over to make them like little post-it notes.  They stick in CD cases. This allows me to store a LOT more stamps in a very little space.

-----------------

Here is card #239:

I did this card for the Thanksgiving baskets that my church is packing up today.  I needed 20 of them so they really couldn't have a lot of frills and fun techniques.  Yet, they also clearly had to show how much we care about each recipient.

The sketch for this card is from CardPatterns.  The colors are from ColourQ.

The inside sentiment is a stamp from MorningStar Stamps that says:

May your hearts be filled
With God's pure joy,
Your gatherings with laughter.
May your home be filled
With God's warm love
Today and ever after.

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up All Natural (a retired hostess set), Cornish Heritage Farms backgrounder (no longer available), Savvy sentiment
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cajun, Espresso, Saffron, Artichoke, Crumb Cake, white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Cajun, Espresso, Saffron, Artichoke, Versamark Champagne (on background)
  • Accessories: EK Success 1 1/2" circle punch, Stampin' Up Decorative Label Punch, rhinestones from Michaels $1 bin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!