Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Splitcoast Sketch 332

It's May, isn't it?


I can't argue too much because we desperately need the moisture - we've already started having wildfires.  So many people assume the Denver area gets lots of snow - but that's the mountains.  Where we are, we can get snowstorms, but it will all melt in a few days and we are out bicycling and golfing.

When I saw today's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge I knew that I was ready to go, because I have piles of leftover scraps on my desk from the past weekend's cardmaking for service day at church.  We made a very simple card with an embossed kraft background, one of Papertrey's mat stack dies and their Tiny Treats set which included lots of cute birthday images to color.   (I am describing this in detail because the actual hundreds of cards that we created are in my car and you just saw the picture of what it is doing outside - I am NOT walking outside in my PJs!)

I used some leftover stamped shapes, a different image and I stepped it up a little bit to match the sketch.  It's not real fancy - but it's a guy card!


I plan to be at a friend's house crafting this afternoon so I hope to have some cards to share after that.  But there will likely be some blog silence after that.  As you may know, I am totally addicted to my iPod (as is evidenced by the iPod App tab at the top of this page.)  I am the queen of organization and my 15-year career was as an actuary - so my iPod isn't just for games and music - it totally feeds my {anal}ytical side.  I have databases of ribbons by color, paper by every color, buttons, wishlists, copic matches and current challenges. And that's just for cardmaking...I also have reading wishlists, databases of mysteries, lists of all the hymns in all of my piano music.  It's a little overboard!

But I am slowly going blind trying to see them all on my iPod.  So guess what my wonderful family did for Mother's Day?  I have iPad2 being delivered tomorrow morning.  Happy day!!  I may not come up for air for days as I get my iPad set up to organize my life!!!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Tags & More, Papertrey Tiny Treats: Birthday for dots on diecut
  • Ink: Memento black, copics
  • Paper: packs of paper from Michaels
  • Accessories: Papertrey Mat Stack 5 die, Cuttlebug dots (it's one of the 5x7 folders) and star border folder, yellow stickles, Mark Richards black nailheads

3 comments:

  1. Wowee! What a fabulous gift and a good thing top because we can't have you going blind! LOL! I'm hoping for a laptop for my birthday. My desktop is in my little tiny windowless office in my apartment far away from the Craft Cave. Also, in the evenings I'd rather be doing my blufing sitting on the sofa with Luis rather than have him in the living room and me squirrled away in my office. Keeping fingers crossed...

    Can't believe you're still getting snow! It's been windy and showery here the last coupe of days. Unfortunately the showers are just enough to get everything damp - it's not actually putting much in the water tanks which is what we desperately need! We need to trade weather with those poor folks along the Mississippi!

    Love the card especially as it has 2 of my favourite things - stars and polka dots! :) I'll definitely be swiping this one to CASE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I am writing from my iPad right now! I love my iPad...you will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great male card Kim. The black, red & kraft are so striking together & I am drooling over the embossing, lol!
    Magical photo of the snow, but I suppose it's not really PJ friendly. Have fun with your iPad2. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!