Sunday, October 30, 2011

i{heart}2stamp: Winter Owls

I spent Saturday afternoon at Archivers browsing Christmas papers and HAd to use this paper right away.  I thought I would use a tree image given its big graphic pine cones, but then I ran across this stamp with these darling, albeit very chilly, winter owls.



I'm actually posting this card an entire day before the monthly i{heart]2stamp challenge expires - that's early for me!  I did have to flip the sketch so that I could use one of its elements as a tree trunk.


  • Stamps: Memory Box
  • Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle Winter Woods (from Winter Twig line), Stampin' Up Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Best Creations Glitter Cardstock
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip with Old Olive marker on the pine boughs, Tim Holtz Distress Tumbled Glass (sponged on edges), Copics
  • Accessories: Star Dust Stickles (on the branches), Papertrey Ink Woodgrain Impression Plate, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist over the image, Orange Souffle for noses, White pen and Pitch Black Spica for eyes

5 comments:

  1. Those owls are adorable! Great take on the sketch Kim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those owls are adorable and I love the touch of glittery snow on the branches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flipped sketch works so well kim, great idea and such cute owls too in there woolly scarves :)
    I'm sitting here listening to Tawny's calling outside at Midnight on halloween...surprisingly chilled about it too!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I LOVE the addition of the stickles and that blue glitter paper. What a great pop of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!