Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baby Set for a Special Teacher

Yesterday, Online Card Classes began their two-week Clean & Simple class.  I had taken their Holiday Boot Camp class in November and was so very impressed with the quality of their presentation, their unique ideas and all of the little tips and hints that I picked up - that I was absolutely thrilled when their current class is my favorite style - clean & simple!

The first class included three CAS layouts.  The video gave tips such as including dimension for interest and a great idea for masking the middle of the card. I always learn something from their videos - even though I have been crafting for a decade.

My task this morning was to create a card and a gift for my children's beloved 6th grade teacher who is having a baby!  (This is very special news since a little over a year ago, we had to send a sympathy card for the loss of their first baby.)


The sentiment treatment was taken from this BabiesRUs gift card. I used Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio to create the sentiment.  It would be very easy to create with stamps - probably stamping off first to get just a light color that will blend - I simply don't have basic alphabet stamps.



I also used the same colors but a different layout to create a set of six Thank You cards for her use.


The dimension that they talked about in the card class is found in the butterflies.  These are the two layouts that I used from Online Card classes.




Now I need to get the family up and off - but then I am going to settle in with the Day 2 cards and video and see what else I can play with today!!


  • Stamps: Savvy Stamps thank you
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Shimmer White, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Papertrey Ink New Leaf
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Border Punch, Pearls, Vanilla Taffeta, Beautiful Wings Embosslit (first card), Martha Stewart butterfly punch (thank you card)

9 comments:

  1. Super cards Kim and what a lovely idea to give thank you cards as a gift. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love how you matched the cards to the gift cards perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous baby card and a super idea to give thank you cards too.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 2 ... Sounds like the perfect winter activity, Kim! I think I will have to pop over to the class site and see what it is all about! These are so adorable ... and it is nice to know that this much loved teacher has some happy news. I do hope all will go well for her & hubby! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving seeing everyone's take on these sketches :) Gorgeous card Kim and a great idea to make the thank you cards too:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet & simple! I just love it. I will be casing this one.
    Joan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card, Kim!! Loving those classes, too...learning some cool things:)!! Baby cards are so tough for me, what a lovely one you've made for a special baby:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet baby card and I love the matching thank you cards for the new mommy! Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!