Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bear Hugs are the Best!

I still have one stamp set to show off from the new release at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  I was browsing this morning's Splitcoast Inspiration Challenge which is not something I generally play along with (inspiration challenges are HARD) - then I stumbled on this Old Blue Owl Clock...


I really hate to say that this tired guy (who clearly had way TOO much fun last night) inspired me to make this darling bear card (Rhubarb is definitely NOT that kind of bear), but Rhubarb does have that sleepy kind of look.  I thought the wing patterns would be fun to duplicate - a little greenery (in white) and I like my card!


I am most definitely not a fussy-cutter - you can see my carelessness in this photo - but I wanted you to see the fun dimension on this guy!



  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Love from Rhubarb
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise, Cool Caribbean, black
  • Ink: Memento black, copics
  • Accessories: Ek Success postage border punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Papertrey Woodgrain Impression plate, Espresso Dimension Pearls (eyes)


5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. Your little bear is so cute and just waiting for a hug! Love the branches in white, super bit of detail. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie ... Kim! I am feeling a little like Rhubarb at the moment ... kinda sleepy! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what a sweet little bear! And I love that sign hanging from the embossed branch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, this sign is great, very cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, that little bear is the definition of CUTE! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!