Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pink and Purple for the Tweens

I am sorry that I haven't been here in so long.  The crud escalated into a sinus/ear infection.  Besides not wanting to move my head, my poor body was exhausted from fighting!  I have been lucky to get the family fed and a few clothes washed!

I'm feeling SO much better today so decided to play along with today's Splitcoast Color Challenge.  It is WAY out of my comfort zone - Eggplant Grape Melons - pinks and purples.  But I did think it might work for a tween girl card...


ETA: I LOVE this layout...I LOVE the balloons...I still don't like pink and purple (or maybe I just don't know how to use them well!)  So I remade this card and included it in the next post!

I used this week's sketch at retrosketches:



Speaking of strange tweens...


That's my Erik...yes, those are wings and a tutu to coordinate with the dinosaur helmet.  Lacrosse is a strange and unusual sport...or perhaps it's just this team that's strange and unusual!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Heart-2-Heart #2
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo CS and dsp, Eggplant dsp, Concord Crush dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Eggplant, Concord
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Heart-2-Heart #2 die, misc circle and scalloped circle punches, American Crafts glitter brads, The Twinery Pink Sorbet

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kim sorry to hear you've been sick. I really enjoy your take on this week's RetroSketch. The bakers twine coming off the red balloon is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have been sick Kim
    Superb card, love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been unwell and hope that's you on the mend.

    Love the card and the colours do look perfect for a tween. What a fun photo too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are recovering quickly, Kim! We have all had it here too! Must have travelled all the way from the USA! You are right ... strange teens ... I am guessing there was a reason for training 'in costume'!? The card is lovely. Don't be so hard on yourself! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim - I'm sorry you've been under the weather! I love the balloons and the twine is perfect! Thank you so very much for playing along with us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you've been feeling yucky. I hope you're on the mend now. I struggle with pink and purple too but I think you worked them well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!