Thursday, March 15, 2012

Whoop-de-do!

My pictures have been showing up blurry on blogger, for unknown
reasons, as they are perfectly clear in Photoshop...but if you click on
it to make it bigger - it looks much better!!

It's my birthday today!!

And I can't quite decide how I feel about it??!!

It's a big one...an unmentionable big one.  And I have worked really hard to  feel good about it.  I've been on a nutrition/diet program and have easily and happily dropped weight, but more importantly, I have more energy that I have in a decade or more.  But I have had the horrible two-week cold and, after 11 days, still feel drained.

I ordered new glasses to update my look and, after the eye test and realizing how bad my eyes had gotten, to see the world clearly!!  But they are delayed and aren't here yet.

The worst part about the glasses is that I need to renew my driver's license...today...and I'm afraid to take the vision test without my new glasses - so after today, I can't drive.  (Not that I should be driving today with the old glasses!!)

On the positive side, my MIL sent me a big box of luscious chocolate-covered strawberries and the instructions say that they HAVE to be eaten within 48 hours.  Nothing like a good cup of coffee and chocolate-covered strawberries for breakfast!!

And I have an easy day in front of me - that I am planning to spend at my craft table - so how bad can life be??!!

Off of the whining and on to the card...

I have had this very old Basic Grey paper forever with plans to use it on any of the Emerson cartoon images that I have.  It came with a coordinating package of unique fibers - so I knew the whole thing would be perfect for these "frazzled" images!!  Today seemed like a great day to use it up!

The inside sentiment is perfect too...it's a Bette Davis quote - "Gettin' old ain't for sissies" ... SO true!!

I am using the second sketch from retrosketches.
(I was thrilled to get a Shout Out for my entry for their first ever sketch!)

  • Stamps: American Art Stamps
  • Paper: Basic Grey Fusion, Papertrey Plum Pudding and Terracotta Tile
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Basic Grey Fusion fibers

12 comments:

  1. HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! I hope you have a FABULOUS day! Speaking of FABULOUS - I love your fun card! That image is a hoot! Thank you so much for playing with this week's RetroSketch, Kim, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Kim! Love your card, fab image and love the fibers. Hope you're having a lovely day - indulge yourself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh happy birthday Kim! Hope you have a wonderful day and get spoilt rotten!

    Fab card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big birthday love to you today, Kim! How lovely to get to spend it craftiing! This card rocks - the cartoon is brilliant and the colours and those fibers are so yummy. And whoop whoop on your Retro Sketches shout out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Kim. I hope you get well and truly spoilt!

    Your nutrition diet program sounds interesting.

    love your bright card with the black and white image. Superb fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Kim!! You know, 30 really isn't that bad. ;) I have a feeling you're closer to my age but I won't spill... Just had to comment on this. Hope you're feeling better about this "big" unmentionable birthday now. I know how you feel about glasses. I need to do that soon. Thankfully I won't have to update my driver's license though. But I do have as a restriction listed that I need corrective lenses in order to drive.
    Enjoy your strawberries with chocolate and your coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy happy birthday Kim! Hope that it was filled with extra special wonderful things. :) Love that sentiment on your card. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy SPECIAL birthday to you, Kim. It is not an "unmentionable" one, because you are vibrant, creative, beautiful, and alive (!) - even if you feel awful with that cold. Enjoy being spoilt today xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you enjoyed it to the fullest! Love all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you enjoyed it to the fullest! Love all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Kim! Hope those sweet strawberries were the start of an awesome day!
    Nice take on the sketch - love the fun line image teamed with the bright print & fibres. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I'm late Kim, but Happy Birthday and I hope you had a lovely day. Fabulous card. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!