Friday, August 24, 2012

CAS and Pastel Party Animals!

This month's release at The Alley Way Stamps was SO much fun with all of the circus sets - I have had more bright colors out on my desk than I ever remember having had out before!!  But for my last post dedicated to the August release, I decided to bring it way down.  I used stamps from Party Animals to make a very CAS and pastel card!!!

Pastel Party Animal

I got my inspiration from The Paper Players.  I was thrilled when this challenge got me thinking about piecing those balloons - they are so uniquely narrow, I just wasn't sure how to make them stand out.


The colors are from the color throwdown.


On Monday, I'll be starting to preview September sets from The Alley Way Stamps.  If you don't follow the TAWS blog be sure to check it out because there will be sneak peeks ALL week!!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Party Animal
  • Paper:  white, Stampin' Up dsp in Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise and the cameo balloon comes from Ginger Blossom
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics
  • Accessories: white crochet thread, Cuttlebug small embossing folder (I actually haven't seen the little 2x2s in stores since Cuttlebug first started - but they are still on the official website.  I used a square from Playful Squares.  They are great for CAS cards!)


9 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love that you pieced those balloons! They really "pop" *gasp* against the white background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute design ... Simple but sweet! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you added strings to your balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip about the 2x2 folders. I want them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the cutest card ever! CAS perfection, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Kim! I love how you've framed those sweet balloons with the itty bitty embossing folders. Adorable CAS design! Thank you for playing with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is clean and simple perfection. I really like the embossed frames...I always seem to get lines when I try to emboss with the smaller folders. I'll have to keep trying, your card is a perfect example of how it should look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, Kim! Love how those paper pieced party pieces really pop on the clean background. (Say THAT 10 times quickly, Haha!) Thank you very much for playing along with my challenge this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sweet CAS design and it's a great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!