Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Try Stampin' On Tuesday: Thanks So Much!

I have recently discovered the sketches over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.  I raved about them so much, I think they felt obligated to ask me to be a guest designer!!??  I'm on their blog today!!  Here's the card that I put together with their sketch...

Thanks so much!
I had a very specific need for this card.  We have had an intern pastor at our church for the last year.  She is a wonderful woman who not only has the calling to go through seminary and internships, but is also unexpectedly raising her 2-year old granddaughter.  She has handled it all with graciousness and faith.  This next weekend is her last weekend and I want to thank her.  The plan for this card was a little sentiment in the bottom right (as in the sketch), that said something like "you will be missed".  Do I have a stamp like that in my extensive collection?  Nope.  Lots of  "I miss you's", but she hasn't left yet, so I don't miss her yet!!  There seems to be a gap in my stamp collection that I am just going to HAVE to shop for!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Papillon Potpourri, Watercolor Trio (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Butterfly Punch, gems colored with Copics, My Minds Eye Indie Chic twine, Quickutz die (it just says "C-0163-FRAME" on it - that will make it tough to find if you want it - sorry!)

15 comments:

  1. Kim, this is so elegant and beautiful, I don't know where to begin. You did an awesome job with the colors and that die cut frame is fabulous. I'm sure this will be very appreciated by your church's intern pastor. Come to think of it, I don't have a "you will be missed" seniment either but can really see how thiat would be a good stamp to have. Let me know if you do end up finding one in your shopping adventures. :) Have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the DT this week!!! You do such a wonderful job! I like that scrolly thing and it being red really "pops" off the card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detail on this elegant card. All the individual items work so well together. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous interpretation of the sketch. Well done on your GD. Love the frame and butterfly and lovely papers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Kim. Love the colours and the red really pops out at you, but then the yellow butterfly calms it down. Thanks for being with us as a designer this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Kim, I love that frame it makes such a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'm not surprised AT ALL that they've invited you Kim! And just look at this beauty you've given them. WOW that is one pretty frame, I might be on the hunt for that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being GD. I love the sketches they have here also. Love all the elements you used on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Kim, love that ornate frame. Any excuse to go shopping eh? xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being the guest DT over TSOT! I love all your cards. What a great ministry. I have reacently join a new church and hope to start a card ministry there. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh ... Another DT guest spot! I am so envious! But at least I can now be realistic about the standard of my card making!!! :) I am thrilled for you my friend! You thoroughly deserve it! Any team is all the better for it! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS: giggle ... Forgot to mention your card! This is a real beauty! Love the die cut Frame! The pop of red is stunning! Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, so glad to have you this week as our GDT at TSOT--this is an amazing card! LOVE the dry embossed white with the pops of color!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this card is so fabulous! Beautiful and elegant, and such a fantastic combination of colours and patterns. I am so glad you were able to join us as a guest designer. Your creations are stunning:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!