Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Season Full of Bountiful Blessings

This is my second post...it's just a short 
scroll down for embossing with CAS-ual Fridays.

I think that the colors at this week's colourQ challenge are about the strangest group of colors that I have ever seen.  Who puts Cameo with Burgundy or, even worse, Starfruit with Saffron?  Admittedly, the blouse in the photo is cute...but this is still a seriously odd combination.  (Sorry, Arielle!!!)


But somehow it still got my creative juices flowing.  I saw a beautiful sentiment in the burgundy, surrounded by simple flowers or silhouettes.  I checked out the sketch from splitcoaststampers and thought it could all work - as long as I kept a lot of white to offset the colors!!

Season of Blessings



I like it!  Thank you to colourQ for the challenge!!


  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Blessings & Thanks, Nature Silhouettes
  • Paper: Stampin' Up So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy (sentiment), Summer Starfruit and Cameo Coral (flowers), So Saffron (sponged on edges)
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up scallop border punch, white taffeta



11 comments:

  1. The colors scare me too Kim! But you nailed them ~ very, very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim this is a beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Kim, love your stamped center floral! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I am glad I am not the only one who thought this was an unusual combination!!! But you did manage to create a beautiful card with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallelujah! I thought that LeAnne and I were the only ones who thought this color combo was out of the box strange! The two of you managed to do the challenge proud, while I was forced to resort to the old layered butterfly trick! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just beautiful! I love the sentiment you chose for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! You did a great job with these colors! Thanks so much for joning us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it too! Wonderful sentiment and flowers! And I love the sponged edge on the oval.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful. I just love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Kim! I always love your work! Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!