Monday, October 29, 2012

Background Check with TAWS

It's a sneak peek day for The Alley Way Stamps and I get to show you a fun new set called Background Check.  It's a variety of wonderful borders that can easily be extended to an entire background!  Given it's Halloween week - I had to go with one more little ghostie...

Boo!  Eek!  Boo!

The strip of dots is actually only four dots across - a full strip is on the four left of the card.  Then I just kept adding strips, moving down a little bit each time.

I hope you are watching the sneaks at The Alley Way Stamps blog.  It's a fun release month - the three new sets are completely and totally different.  The first peek was last Friday and then one more tomorrow - followed by a fun and inspirational hop on Wednesday!  (I just realized Wednesday is Halloween and I should have saved this card for the Hop - ooops!!)

My colors come from the color throwdown.


  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Background Check (released Nov. 1), Ghoul-Friend (words) and Fa-La-La (face from an ornament)
  • Paper: black and white
  • Ink: ColorBox Frost White, Stampin' Up Celery, Amethyst, copics to match Pumpkin, Amethyst and Celery for the gems (see my side bar for a downloadable match list)
  • Accessories: Papertrey Orange Zest button and Ghost die, My Favorite Things Fishtails LAYERS die.

11 comments:

  1. I love your card the background is fabulous and I love the ghost he is so cute. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Super background and fab stamping. Love the ghost punched out. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Love how the black pops off the white base and I love the pattern you created. It almost reminds me of Pacman with the ghost and the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! Loving how you did the background....reminds me of an old video game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute...love the background! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cute! Love the stamped background, and the cut out ghost!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute take on the sketch photo. Love that little ghost and the stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun card! Love the cute face on the ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use those dots! And I love your cute (I mean scary) ghostie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO FREAKING CUTE!!! I love this little guy and his cute eyeballs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that ghost and the background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!