Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hey! Hello! You're Special!


This is my third post today!
Click here for Dynamic Duos.


I was browsing the early pages of my stamp index - (yes, I stamp every single stamp that I buy into an index AND I do it by category...I've stopped buying sets with a variety of sentiments because it takes too long to stamp some in the birthday section, some in the thanks, etc!)  My early pages go back at least a decade - and I ran across a Hero Arts set that is perfect for a girlfriend.  She is in hospice care and I am trying to send a card a day.  There's so little that I can do - but I can try to give her a smile!

This set had three birds that I wanted to use so I was thrilled when I saw that Less is More is a sketch challenge with three squares.

I do have to say that this card has gone slightly beyond my personal definition of CAS.  I think it's just the kraft background.  I know that most CAS definitions say that "white space" is just "open space", but most of my CAS cards are white so this doesn't feel right to me.  However, I did try it with white and silhouetted birds but it just wasn't "warm" enough to send to my friend.  So I thought of the CASual Friday challenge to use kraft.  Kraft and yellow was my solution!

Hey! Hello!


  • Stamps: Hero Arts Tiny Bird Messages, Envelope background
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Crushed Curry
  • Ink: Versamark, Colorbox Frost White (the background(
  • Accessories: Zing embossing powder, Stampin' Up Crushed Curry ribbon, Derwent Inktense pencils

25 comments:

  1. What a tweetie Kim!
    Lovely card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhhh, this is so cute! The yellow with the kraft is amazing! Such a great card!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card Kim, I'm sure it will brighten your friend's day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card I love the layout and the little bird's are sooo cute. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kim, this is really adorable! I love the little birds and the thoughtful sentiments...I'm sure this card will mean a lot to your friend. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Kim. Your birds are perfect for this card and the kraft and yellow go together so well.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so sweet and CAS- I'm not good with craft card either in fact avoid it at all costs -but this
    is just lovely with the addition of the yellow ( will keep that in mind for the future !! )x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that set, Kim! Love to see it used again! I also love how you colored the yellow bird on kraft...what a great color combo. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim
    Fabulous birdie card ....
    Love it .....
    Hugs sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an unusual colour combo... love the embossing.
    Incidentally the theme at Casual Friday's this week is Kraft...

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't you amazing with 3 posts in a single day?!! Love this card with the white on craft with the curry. The little birds are adorable too. BTW it's CAS to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uno perfecto for both challenges, Kim!! I love the little birdies and the yellow with kraft and your friend will love it, too. I've been there with a friend and what you are doing means the world to her, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous, and the kraft works really well, that's a great set of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a special card! I think the design looks terrific with the kraft base and the lovely touches of bright yellow are so cheerful! I'm sure your friend will be delighted!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whay a fabulous card ! Love your colour combo-perfect :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A card every day is a lovely thing to do for your friend Kim. This one is lovely and warm with that great combination of yellow and kraft. I love your indexing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love those little birdies! and the touches of yellow are sure to brighten up your friends day.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your friend will love your thoughtfulness Kim and this card is sure to cheer her. You are very organised and smart to index your stamps. Would you like a trip over her? I'll supply you with lots of coffee!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just precious, Kim! It would sure make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this, kraft and yellow just go so perfectly together

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very pretty card. The yellow on kraft is so cheery. I love your little birds

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card... love the kraft and yellow color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kim! Hope all is well! An awesome take on the sketch and I love love love the colors! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a super card Kim, great colour combo and sweet birdies too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!