Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Alley Way Stamps Sneak Peek: Petal Pushers

It's the most wonderful time of the month - - - tomorrow is the new release blog hop for the December stamps at The Alley Way Stamps.  If you have been following their blog, the last two days have been sneak peeks of a Doodle Frames (fun!!) and Love Knots (a very sweet background!).  This is the last day of sneak peeks and we are previewing Petal Pushers.  This set is full of fun, cute and funky flower building elements, but I went a different direction.  I needed a sweet and gentle friendship card for a sick friend, so I used subdued colors and the branch with buds and made a "Best Buds" card!!

Petal Pushers

I added some Stickles to the buds to make them look soft and dewy.
Petal Pushers close


The flower pot is stamped in Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, then I took a slightly darker Copic marker and lightly sketched in some highlights.

If you check out The Alley Way Stamps blog you will see other fun cards with this set!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for our full hop!

I used the sketch from i {heart} sketches:


  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Petal Pushers (soon to be released!)
  • Paper: All paper from the Oct 2012 kit from Simon Says Stamp.
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap, Copics
  • Accessories: Spellbinders Narrow Oval and Scalloped Oval dies, Stampin' Up Scalloped Border Punch, Basic Gray Taffeta and Stickles

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the design and the papers are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just divine! I think it is the way you combined colours & papers. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the way you highlighted the flower pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...great paper choice!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute, Kim! I love that weathered wood background paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card...love the best buds sentiment...so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!