Sunday, December 30, 2012

Amazing, Fantastic, Extraordinary, Wonderful

I spent this morning preparing ahead (fingers crossed, knock on wood).  My 16-year old son has had a tough few years.  Of course, you couldn't pay me enough to go back to my teen years so I can totally relate.  Just this year, he enrolled at Lutheran High School for the significantly smaller classroom size and the Christian environment.  It's been a perfect fit!!  He went into mid-terms with straight A's (and a great attitude!)  But one of the things that developed over the last few years is a severe test anxiety - so it's always possible that his nerves got the better of him on his mid-terms.  The results come out at the end of this week and I want to have a card ready to go - so I can immediately hand it to him and he will know that I have faith!

You are Wonderful
I have had this set out on my desk for awhile because I wanted to play along with Avery Elle's AEI♥U Challenge to create a project summing up my personal style.  I love clean cards - either white or I also love kraft.  I love including something that is unique or different - in this case, the button, and the fun sketch from retrosketches.  (I'm also a big challenge player!)  I don't tend towards patterned papers and if I use it, it's usually just a dash.  I love stamps that can stand alone - in this case, the variety and arrangement of fun fonts makes the sentiment interesting all by itself.

  • Stamps: Avery Elle Framed Fonts and Bright Days (the sun rays)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Island Indigo, MME Indie Chic Nutmeg "Hanging Out"
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Summer Sun and Island Indigo
  • Accessories: A Flair for Buttons Etsy Shop, Paper Crimper, Corner Rounder, Stampin' Up Island Indigo twine

16 comments:

  1. Kim this is such a fantastic card. I love the colours, the sentiment and that awesome button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect in every way! Not only is this a great card but so nice to be able to hand to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card...my son is the same way. He started University this year. Test anxiety to the max...right down to gagging. His big problem is multiple choice...that's unfortunately what University is. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection Kim! I'm sure your son will appreciate his wonderfully talented mother lovingly creating him a card. :) Love your take on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best mom, Kims! Your card is perfection. I love that button so much and how you used it with the rays fanning out. Brilliant!! He will treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card, Kim! love the sun you created with the button and stamp:) wonderful news, too, about your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so sunshiney fabulous, Kim! LOVE the button--genius! This is just a super classy card! HUGS & Happy New Year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how you used the flair!!! I pinned it! :) SHelley (a flair for buttons)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, this is just an amazing card and I am sure your son will know how much faith you have him, even without the card. I do love the clean look of it and that button under the "sun rays" is just so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim this is so sweet of you to make your son a card and its a wonderful one too! I am glad to here he is having a better year at the new school. Our hearts can be heavy or burst with pride. Motherhood!
    Happy New Years to you and your family, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful mum! I do hope the results are all you are hoping for. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can relate to you - my daughter cost me 10 years of my life, going through her teenage years, but things are much better now. You son will be great in the end! Fantastic card you made for him, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! I LOVE this design and how you used it. Pure perfection.

    It's so good to hear you found a better fit for your son. I'm sure he'll work through that anxiety and come out even better on the other end. Sometimes I feel our job as a parent gets even harder as they get older :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure that your son will LOVE this card! I absolutely adore the flair on top of the sunburst image. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Swoon! Love that button and the chevron paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mouth is in the "WOW" position. LOVE that button with the sun rays. This is truly an amazing, fantastic, extraordinary and wonderful card for your son. So glad he has found a school in which he feels more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!