Monday, December 17, 2012

Anniversary Wishes with a Score!!

There were two challenge that I wanted to play along with this week...
  • Less Is More: Anniversary.  I have this fun Doodle Frame that I thought would be perfect for a truly CAS card.  I was thinking of my own husband when I kept this card to a little platinum embossing and one red gem - but I'm guessing he will think I went overboard.
  • CASual Fridays: Even the Score.  I don't know why I don't think of using simple score lines more often.  I'm always looking for a stamp or a die cut to highlight an image or sentiment, but often a set of scored lines would do it better.  On this card, I thought the scored lines would support the frame so it wasn't left hanging.

Love You

Love You close up


Most importantly today, I just wanted to let all of my blog friends know that I've not made it around to comment much and probably won't until after the holidays.  I'm so sorry - but I bet you all understand.  I am still reading your blogs every day, but I often find myself scrolling through blogs in those few minutes between shopping, baking, wrapping, decorating and, quite honestly, a lot of wonderful coffee time with friends!!  Thank you for all of your inspiration!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Doodle Frames
  • Paper: black and white
  • Ink: black and Versamark
  • Accessories: misc red gem, PSX Detail Platinum Embossing Powder

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card the embossing looks beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Simple ... But stunning! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ust gorgeous Kim i love these doodle frames

    Thanks for joining us

    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This so elegant, Kim - love it, especially the heart gem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Kim!!! LOVE the little heart gem up on top of the sentiment frame! This is just a fabulous card--perfectly CAS! I hope you'll join me at Technique Tuesday this month! Happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Super CAS, lovely clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super Kim, and the touch of bling looks magic!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Usually, we say someone has "nailed" the challenges, but in this case it is more fitting to say you "SCORED!" I love your CASlicious and shiney and scored and elegant Love Card, Kims!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS, classy and elegant! Love the red heart!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Kim, love the way you grounded the frame with the scored lines!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it Kim...
    I want to thank you so much for all the times you have visited my blog and left me such kind comments...very appreciated!
    I also wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful CAS card Kim! Love that frame stamp! Thanks for sharing with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yet another fabulous card Kim, so elegant.Wishing you & your family a very Happy Christmas too & thanks for all the lovely comments throughout the year :) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful ... the shiny embossing is stunning and the touch of bling perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thx for sharing such a cool collection of
    Anniversary SMS.. Wishing anniverary is important for domestic peace :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!