Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy Cat-urday! (on Thursday)

It's sneak peek time for the January release at The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS)!  If you follow the TAWS blog - yesterday you saw puppies.  Guess what today is?  Kitties!!!!

We share our home with two kitties.  One is feisty (that's a polite way of saying that if you annoy her, she just might scratch your eyes out!).  The other is a big black and white lug.  He loves to sit on the stairs going upstairs and swat as you head down the other set of stairs - BUT, never once do his claws come out...you just feel a big thump.  He purrs if you just glance at him and it can be heard throughout the house.  My big boy was my inspiration for this card...

Happy Caturday
Here's my inspiration - hanging out with his sister.  They are truly sister and brother, but you couldn't have two more different cats in looks and in personality!

2012 01 21 008

Not only did I use the new TAWS set, Sittin' Pretty (available January 1), I also added a "sun" using the current free-with-$40-purchase set - Holiday Sparkles (only available through December 31).  I've already done a snowflake card with it - check it out here.  I love the doily look and thought it would make an interesting sun.

Enjoy the rest of the sneak peeks - be sure to check back on the TAWS blog over the weekend - there is still a charming love/Valentines set to sneak a peek at.  I'll be back with more TAWS for the new release blog hop on January 31.
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Sittin' Pretty, Holiday Sparkles
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Daffodil and Black
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Daffodil
  • Accessories: misc black and white gingham

9 comments:

  1. Aww they are so cute all snuggled together.. Love the little kitty with his mouse under his paw, very cute.
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post, Kim! Put a smile on my face ... After an unhappy day! Thanks for sharing your cute cat story .... And such a fun card! Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB, FAB card Kim. Hope you and your family had a wonderful christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is most adorable! I love the bits of yellow. I hope you had a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it. Sweet. Love your kitties.


    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card, love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how simple they are!! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!