Sunday, December 2, 2012

Loving these CAS Challenges!!

There's another brand new CAS challenge out there!  I first saw it on Vicky's blog.  I had some free time yesterday with all of my men out of the house, but wouldn't you know, I couldn't get a single card to come together.  Then, I saw that Mynette had played along.  That inspired me to give it one more try!

The challenge is CAS - Colours & Sketches.  They have a monthly schedule and since this month had a fifth week - the challenge was a double - BOTH colors and sketches.

I can't say I am absolutely thrilled with the results of my card, but if you saw everything in the garbage can yesterday, you would realize that relatively, this is actually quite good!!

Happy Day to You



  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Friendly Phrases, Papillon Potpourri
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Jersey Shore dsp (retired)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler twine, Butterfly punch


17 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with this card, I think your final result is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning I love the orange against the white and the butterfly is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colour scheme - gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Kim! It really is a fantastic card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS - Colours and Sketches xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card, if I can find some personal stamping time today, I will have to give it a whirl! I have to design and assemble a 100 cards before I can play though! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The world famous Kim mentions a new challenge & immediately it becomes a hit! I am sure they will love that you have shared this link with all your blog groupies! (Including me!) :) I can't wait to have a play. Sigh ... Haven't done a challenge in weeks! Am having withdrawals!
    You card is stunning! You make it all look so easy, Kim! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim - thanks so much for joining in our first challenge at CAS - Colours & Sketches, your card is gorgeous, a great use of the colours and I love your butterflies - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is beautiful too Kim!!! Love that orange daisy paper and the butterfly is a great touch!!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gald you persevered this is a fabulous CAS card, perfect for our challenge at Colours and Sketches. I'm lovin' that butterfly!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do make me giggle Kim - you wouldn't be able to make a 'garbage can' card if you tried! This is gorgeous. I love your vibrant tiles with that funky patterned butterfly. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. well your hard work was worth it! This is just gorgeous and the butterfly sets it off.

    Thank you for joining us at CAS-colour and sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks fab to me Kim. Love the bright splashes of colour and your central sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your take on this challenge! I must say that it is not easy to get the sketch and colors right at the same time...for a CAS card! You've inspired me, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!