Saturday, January 19, 2013

Seize the Birthday Masculine Style

Seize the Birthday is the fun new challenge that uses the same sketch for two weeks.  The twist is that the first week is feminine, the second is masculine!!  This week is masculine week.

Seize the Birthday

For the guys in my life, the simpler the better.  I was playing at my friend's house with her new Stampin' Up stuff (the very best kind of play date!) and thought this brilliantly colored paper was all the accent that this card needed!

Speaking of my men...I put Andrew on a plane yesterday with his high school band heading to Washington D.C. for the inauguration.
Mine is in the pink shirt!
Just as I was finishing up this post, my sister-in-law, who lives in D.C. texted me this picture of their performance this morning.  They had to play at 8:30 D.C. time which would have felt like 6:30 a.m. Denver time.  Ouch.  Teenagers do not function well at that time.


But, she also sent this very blurry cell phone picture of him saying "Hi" to us back in Denver.  He appears to be smiling.


They have free time this afternoon - hopefully my son will remember to snap some pictures of himself in front of various D.C. monuments.  On Monday, they are actually going to the inaugural festivities!  I told him to take a picture, even though I would guess that there will be a million people there and the President will be a little dot in the far distance.  Even so, there aren't many people who can say they have been to an inauguration!
  • Stampin' Up: a single (don't know the name!)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Parker's Patterns dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Embossing folder, button and ribbon, Spellbinders die

15 comments:

  1. Great guy card...I'm going to have to remember this sketch! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful masculine card! And I love your button detail. Hope your son has a wonderful time in D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Aztec feel of this masculine card! Great button accent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card for a guy! Mine like the simpler cards too! How exciting for your son to be in DC during the inauguration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent masculine birthday card Kim! Very graphic, LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great papers for a male card. How exciting for Andrew. Make sure you share the pick. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you kept to the sketch, but used such bold colors to make the layers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! Love the DP you used and that button is the perfect addition.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've really seized the masculine with this card, Kims! It could be for any man, or any person from a Western or rustic point of view! And I'm inspired by how you did your button!

    How exciting your home life is for those boys! Andrew must be over the moon and you must be for him! What an awesome, awesome experience to have and be a PART of!! I can't wait to see the follow-up photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome! love that paper and copper button:) thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can never get this kind of layering to work but your card is fab! How wonderful for your son to be playing at the inauguration - 6.30am may not be his usual optimum time but I'm sure adrenalin will get him through on this occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, another wonderful masculine card (you do them so well!)! I am so glad for you and your son...what an honor to play for the inauguration! Washington DC is such an exciting place to visit...I hope he makes some memories that last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this for a masculine card. it's nice to see the bright colours from the papers. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful! Great color choices - the colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!