Thursday, March 7, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch with a Bumble Bee!!

This is my second post today!

It's time for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!  I went even more literal than usual this week with pretty much an exact use of the sketch.  I've convinced myself that it is actually more of a challenge to use the sketch exactly as is.  It is NOT a lack of creativity!!

Just Because

My card came about because of that little bumble bee.  I just got this cute die by Elizabeth Craft Designs.  It also comes with wing piece that has the wings back more so you could add a number of them to a card and they would all look different.

Just Because close

My colors came from Dynamic Duos - just PERFECT for my bumble bee!


I hope to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch this week - even though I took the sketch literally - this sketch allows for a whole lot of variety.  Just check out the design team cards to see what I mean!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Simple Sentiments
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Garden Green CS and dsp, Daffodil Delight CS and dsp
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Stampin' Up scallop border punch, Elizabeth Craft Designs bee die

20 comments:

  1. Love that you managed to make a card with these colours that didn't make me think of the Green Bay Packers! lol! Love the sparkly wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, exquisite embossing! The bee is such a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your example for the challenge this week. The embossing is exquisite. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you totally made the most of this sketch with that embossing! It's stunning as a backdrop for the sentiment and the bee...AMAZING! I totally didn't even think Packer colors until I read Ardyth's comment...ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Kim. I love the debossed dandellions in the background, and the bumblebee is perfect for that sentiment line. LOVE the polka-dot scallops! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you embossed the background on your card...perfect with the cute little bee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous...love the embossed image!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning background embossing, Kim, it's just gorgeous ... love the little bee ... the wings are amazing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the embossed flowers Kim, pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, your card is just beautiful. I love the embossed background and the scalloped polka dots. The sentiment is just gorgeous as is the cute bee. My son loves your bee! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is an amazing card...LOVE the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Kim. Such a fun colour combo and the embossed flower is perfect. I tend not to stray too far from the sketch myself as they still feel very foreign to me lol, your creations are always fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you about sketches, Kims. I love your terrific card, so perfect for spring!! I have another little bee from my DD card earlier and now that I've seen this, I know ezackly how I'm going to use it! TSM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim, this is so sweet! I love your card and the sketch, it is so full of springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the embossing..what a great image. I'm thinking I might have to add this to my collection :) Great card as usual. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card - the embossing is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love those debossed dandelions. And these bright colors (and the sweet bee) are a welcome sight for me since I've just been given another foot of snow from mother nature!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!!! The little bee is just the perfect touch!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!