Wednesday, June 5, 2013

TAWS Time: Wish You Were Here!

One of the new sets from The Alley Way Stamps is Tropical Hideaway - just perfect for this week's Summer Holiday challenge at The Paper Players.  Having said that, I married a man who hates heat and hates crowds so I'll never do a tropical vacation.  We have vacationed in Alaska (it was wonderful), we have plans for Iceland (he's been and loves it) and a few years ago, my cold-loving, crowd-hating husband sailed around Cape Horn - icebergs, big waves, freezing rain and snow, being tethered to the mast so as not to be washed overboard, not my cup of tea!  So...I make these tropical cards and I dream!

Wish You Were Here

Actually only the sentiment comes from Tropical Hideaway, the image is a free digi from TAWS - find it here.  The paper comes from the American Crafts 6x6 pad, Soho Garden, which is part of the monthly kits from TAWS  that also has teal twine and gems and some wood veneer chevrons.

As I said, I was inspired by this week's Summer Holiday challenge at The Paper Players.  I also used their sketch challenge from last week.  It was a great sketch to showcase fun dsp.




  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Tropical Hideaway and this month's free digi
  • Paper: American Crafts Soho Garden, Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores, Confetti White CS
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle, the image is from the computer
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores button, May Arts twine

7 comments:

  1. This is GREAT! I would have been afraid to mix those patterns, but it sure works well here - especially in the "holiday theme". Thanks so much for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the images and LOVE the paper! Your goal to showcase the lovely patterns: accomplished! Your Cape Horn holiday sounds so not fun; have had a few like those myself, although not on boats! Our holidays are always, always and always bike-themed; sometimes that's an exceptionally good thing. Sometimes :) Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute...love the tropical feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiki is the bomb! Great card Kim, so the patterns and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those patterned papers are so vibrantly tropical, Kim ... perfect with the image! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright happy card! I feel for you in your wish for a tropical holiday. Surely there is somewhere tropical that isn't too hot? And ... as for crowds ... there are plenty of Q'ld islands that are far from crowded! You just need to pick your time of year. (I suggest Sept or May!) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! Love the mixture of papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!