Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Favorite Things: Hugs 4U

If you asked me my least favorite color - it would be yellow.  I truly dislike yellow.  I can't explain it - I have no recollection of a bad yellow-related memory! If I do use it, it's generally more of a golden color and only if I need it for a sun or a fall leaf.  With that as background, I have to say that the least favorite color in my entire cardstock collection is My Favorite Things Banana Split.  (No offense intended - I love everything else by MFT!)  And wouldn't you know it, the color challenge at MFT includes Banana Split!


I knew that I had to play...after all, it's a "challenge"...but I did put it off until the last few days of the monthly challenge.  I wanted to use the new Tag Builder Blueprints 1. I probably wasn't supposed to add the kraft, but as I was working on the tag, I was getting a retro vibe and wanted to add some wood paneling. (Think old-time station wagons and family rooms...although my family room still has wood paneling and I LOVE it!!)

Hugs 4U

I was inspired by the current MFT sketch although I was dead set on using the Tag Blueprint instead of the big banner!


  • Stamps: My Favorite Things backgrounds: Woodgrain, Diagonal Stripe, Typewriter Text
  • Paper: My Favorite Things Sno Cone, Banana Split, Blu Raspberry Tangy Orange, Kraft
  • Ink: My Favorite Things Sno Cone, Banana Split, Kraft
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Dies: Tag Builder Blueprints 1, Squiggle Border, Lots of Love ("hugs"), Blueprints 10 (the curved panel)


4 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I like the way u incorporate colors and die cuts on uri card, so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellow...and the way you have used it here is perfect! Gorgeous, clean card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone who dislikes yellow, you've woven it wonderfully into your tag. Sometimes little snippets add just that extra punch of impact, as you've shown here! Retro-awesome!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!