Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Merry Monday: Christmas Lights & Glitter

This week's challenge at the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge is Christmas Lights & Glitter.


As luck would have it, I saw the challenge right after I brought the mail in with a package of new dies including Paper Smooches Holiday Lights!!

MMLights_Glitter

I love these funky little lights.  I've seen a lot done with them by other cardmakers - patterned papers, little snowflakes in each one, a sponged glow behind each light.  I'm looking forward to playing with them some more!!

I hate iridescent sequins - at least for photography. The sequins above are red, gold and green - the one is really not pink. I'm not sure this photo is any better. The one sequin looks more gold now but the bottom sequin looks blue!  Oh well - they look just fine in real life.

MMLights_GlitterClose


SUPPLY LIST

The red is Stampin' Up Poppy Parade; the aqua is Coastal Cabana. These are two colors that will never leave my collection!


17 comments:

  1. WOW, way to knock this challenge out of the park! Great Christmas lights card.
    Kim- Merry Monday Guest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nicely done! Great job for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with your new dies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Christmas lights, Kim, and you found the perfect sentiment! I always have trouble photographing sequins or glitter. This looks great to me! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your glittery Christmas lights - great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute Christmas lights!! Love the sparkle you added to them too. Fabulous card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've wanted to get that die set - SOLD! Gorgeous card, love those fun colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a festive and beautiful card, I love your glittery lights and the sequins add a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those holiday lights are definitely on my list! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, Kim! Love your colorful string of lights and such a fab design too! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so festive Kim. I love the sparkly lights. And the sequins are a great touch - no matter what color they look like in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Kim, I love the CAS layout and glittery bulbs. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how bold and whimsical this is, it's perfectly designed!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The design of this card is simple, but it really pops! Love the black and white with the sparkly colours on the lights :)

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that it's all down in one corner - great card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!