Thursday, July 21, 2016

CASE this Sketch: Happy Happy

Today is the birthday of a long-time church friend and then family friend.  I got to know him in his role as the accountant at church.  He was great at it - he made darn certain he shepherded the church's funds and made thoughtful and appropriate decisions - even if he made people or even pastors mad (and good for him!).  He's retired now and the church misses him, but our families get together although not nearly as much as we would like.  The husbands are both strong-willed and a bit grumpy, Carol and I talk crafts - it's perfect!

A week ago, I had earmarked the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch as perfect for his card. I didn't know what I'd do with it, but I loved the idea of images/patterns across the middle with lots of clean, open space.


I went through my not-yet-used stamps and came across these big balloons by Stampin' Up. At first glance, a small horizontal strip on the sketch and big balloons that would seem to be vertical images didn't quite seem to fit.  But I made it work!!

CtS Happy Happy

Ken doesn't read my blog, but I know Carol does.  Give him a big Happy Birthday from us!!

SUPPLY LIST

5 comments:

  1. What a terrific masculine card Kim, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet birthday card Kim. Love the hot air balloon and those wood veneer stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a handsome card, Kim! You definitely made the horizontal design work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully done Kim! LOVE your take on our sketch this week... thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!