Sunday, May 21, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Frosting

Just a reminder that there is still time to play along with the challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Frosting.


I have two sons - now ages 17 and 21.  For reasons I can't begin to explain - they don't do frosting. (One of them never did pudding or jello either!)  But I do do frosting!  When they were young and wanted grocery store theme cakes for their birthday - I still ordered the sugared frosting.  They had no idea there was a whipped cream type alternative. Then I always took the corner piece with the piles of frosting - and even then, ate the frosting that they scraped off their pieces!

CC Frosting

As soon as I saw the "Frosting" theme - I had a set of stamps calling my name!!  I love the dimension you can get from layered stamp sets.  This is Simply Stamped - Cupcakes from Taylored Expressions.

CC Frosting CloseUp

I used Cupcake Ink for the solid base layer.  Then the middle layer is Pink Champagne stamped off once.  The top layer is full strength Pink Champagne.  The set also comes with a layered set for the cupcake base - but I wanted a hint of pattern so I die cut the base and then dug out my old crimper to add the dimension.

The "frame" is actually a label die.  I was digging through my stash and came up with Label Stacklets 7 as a nice cupcake-shaped label for a sentiment (I was going to use the smaller one).  Then I saw that the big one went all the way across the card front and thought it would frame the cupcake quite nicely!!  Finally, I embossed with Bead Board and sprinkled with a few sequins.

SUPPLY LIST



6 comments:

  1. I have to go with your boys on the whole frosting thing. Haven't been a fan for years, but will eat it if the grandkids insist... This card, however, sure looks good enough to eat, frosting and all! I love how you've framed it with that die, and pulled out the crimper to give the wrapper a true cupcake look. LOVE those swirly sequins, too!! They really add a 'frosting' look to your card. So darn sweet!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card, Kim! The frosting is my favourite part, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you incorporated the label die above your cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a cute card! Your design is fabulous and that cupcake looks yummy! Thanks for the well wishes to my hubby <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the challenge, Kim. I love the yummy cupcake and all the elements you used. It is definitely a smile card! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't even get a taste of frosting if a cupcake like this scrumptious delight you *baked* up for us appeared in our house; my husband would have it devoured within seconds! He loves his frosting. Me: I'll take the cake underneath, please! From the cupcake, to the label frame to the embossing, your card absolutely marvelous!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!