Monday, August 14, 2017

Snowflakes with Distress Oxide

It's been a long time since I've gone crazy over a new product. I used to get every new tool and product with the fantasy that the product/tool alone would magically improve my skills.  (You should see my stash of products for watercoloring!)  Of course it's never magic.

Somewhere along the way as life got busier and forced a change in my crafting, I finally decided to embrace what I enjoy.  I love simple images, colored with Copics - and I LOVE using dies.   Those things don't take new tools or products (which leaves room in the budget for new dies so maybe I need to work on that addiction next.)

But lately I've been paying close attention to Distress Oxide Inks and videos from all my favorite crafters.  I finally decided they just might be magic and ordered a few.  Guess what?  They are magic. They are beautiful just blended into each other.  It's seamless with a beautiful finish.  They do fun things with water.  You can also get complex by building colors and using water to create the "oxide" look.  

After that build up - what I am showing you today really doesn't demonstrate the magic.  I really liked parts of one of the backgrounds I created - so I decided to cut some snowflakes.  You can see how seamless the colors blend - and there's a hint of water action.  Mostly I just LOVE the colors!

Peace Love Joy

I specifically picked these Reverse Confetti snowflakes because they are a bit chunky so more of the color would remain.  That sent me to a Reverse Confetti sentiment.  Finally, I found some fun sequins in the same color scheme.  Quick and easy and I totally and completely enjoyed my new product!!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Reverse Confetti Winter Words Coordinates
Dies: Reverse Confetti Winter Words, Let It Snow
Paper: Taylored Expressions Toffee, Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana
Ink: Distress Oxide Faded Jeans, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio
Sequins by 28 Lilac Lane (I can't find a color name on the package)

4 comments:

  1. They are pretty colors Kim, this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the colours very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love the non-traditional holiday colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I need to remember to use oxides for more than just blending on background panels! Once again, you've given me incentive and inspiration!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!