Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Build a Blossom with Colors

Today's Splitcoast Color Challenge was to use Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, and Rose Red.  I paired it with the this week's Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge.







Using the punch for the flower can be a lot of work but I think the results are worth it.  I had played with this set a few weeks ago on this post and included some photos of tips and techniques. 

The ribbon across the top gave me some problems.  Originally it was just flat across the card (I should have taken a picture) - and it looked like I had just plopped it there to comply with the sketch challenge (which, of course, I had!).  I wanted to make it look intentional so I simply tied a few pieces of floss to gather it up - a simple step but gives it a different look.



  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Well-Scripted
  • Inks:  Stampin' Up Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Embossing Folder, Blossom Punch, Rose Red Seam Binding, Cuttlebug tag die (the rose layer is handcut), American Crafts white glitter brad, Stickles Star Dust
  • Challenges: Splitcoast Color Challenge and  Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge.




I want to send out prayers for my blogging buddies
in New Zealand and to all who are living in the area
or know those who live there.

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love those colors! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim your flower is so beautiful! I also love the tag and the gathered ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Another gorgeous card! The flower is so cool! i love the little bits of glitter and the snips in just the right places. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. The flower looks so real. And I like the tag. Good idea to "scrunch: up the ribbon with floss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim -- this is just beautiful. You used a lot of really vibrant colors and did it beautifully! Great job with the card and sketch. Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card...fun ribbon treatment! Congratulations on your Top 5 selection on Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!