Friday, February 11, 2011

FOM: February

During my 2010 attempt to make sure all of my Stampin' Up sets saw ink, I came across an older uninked stamp set called "Flower of the Month".  I decided that for our church cardmaking racks, I would do a set of these cards each month in 2011.  The January Flower of the Month is in this post or just click on "Flower of the Month" in Card Categories to see the entire year (which right now only consists of January and February!)

Here is February's card:



I worked this card around this rich paper from a K&Co stack called Alleghany - the entire stack of paper is rich and vibrant.  There are lots of fall colors, but also many blues and purples.  I added some sparkle with the ribbon, then wanted more gold so I edged some of the panels with a Krylon 18KT Gold Leafing Pen.  The gem is from Martha Stewart - which includes the birthstones from each month - I will be using that set throughout the year while I am creating Flower of the Month cards.

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Happy Birthday Frame, Flower of the Month
  • Ink: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Mellow Moss, Black
  • Accessories: Nestabilities Scalloped Square, ribbon from Michaels (Xmas Collection), Misc gold "pearls", Martha Stewart Birthstone Gem Stickers, Krylon 18kt Gold Leafing Pen
  • Challenges: CardPatterns Sketch Challenge



--------------------------------------

I have recently stumbled on a site that I am so excited to share: Christian Paper Crafts Creative Blog.  They include a daily card challenge and it is always associated with a Bible verse or Christian concept.  For instance, I loved a recent challenge to use piercing on your card because they included the lyrics to a Christian song that begins..."He was pierced for our transgressions"...

The gallery is amazing.  Particularly if you have come to my blog because of my series on Church Card Ministries, you need to spend some time browsing!

They do have memberships available.  I did join at the lowest level, but I JUST joined so really can't tell you all of the benefits.

------------------------------------

Woo hoo!  Picture Perfect Creations picked this card as a Grand Creations Winner!! (Card details are on this post.)



I am hoping to get some crafting in today.  I only have one appointment at 10 this morning.  Oh...Who am I kidding?...I am meeting up with a friend who has a Stampin' Up order for me!!  I HAD to do a Stampin' Up order...I just HAD to.  I heard a story from a friend who had a friend who hosted a SU big party - she made brunch and everything - and she is highly pregnant - and nobody ordered anything!!  So what an excuse for me to put an order in on her party!  Not that I need an excuse...but I definitely felt better actually having an excuse!

Have a Happy Friday!


4 comments:

  1. The background paper is absolutely luscious. Wonderful card for the Card Patterns challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and gorgeous ... and stunning ... and sweet! Such rich vibrant colours! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card...love your violet one...that paper is perfect for the stamp! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I can see why it was picked. That pressed flower background is stunning! I love how it peeks out behind the frame of your focal point.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!