Wednesday, February 23, 2011

St. Paddy's Cards!

Because I design cards for a group of cardmakers who make them for our church card racks, I am always ahead of the curve with holidays!  Today, I worked on St. Patrick's Day.  Here's my favorite of the batch!


PJ Bear is so darn cute.  And this set from The Cat's Pajamas has a plain bear along with every accessory you would need for every holiday and for every occasion.








You might ask "Why do you have frogs on a St. Patrick's Day card?" The inside includes this fantastic sentiment from Stamp Oasis.  RubberNecker now sells Stamp Oasis stamps but I don't see this particular stamp anywhere.

May the light
always find you
on a dreary day.
When you need to be home
may you find your way.
May you always have courage
to take a chance,
And never find frogs in your
underpants.

Now do the frogs make sense???





Since I already had a cute card and a funny card, I wanted just a basic card that could be sent to anyone.  It's very simple on the front, but it has this nice sentiment from Custer's Last Stamp (I got it on Addicted to Rubber Stamps) on the inside:

May your blessings
outnumber the
shamrocks that grow
and may trouble avoid
you wherever you go.


Check out the embossed edges on the little squares.  I love how this extra step makes the card look so "finished".  I love it so much I did a whole post on it!

St. Paddy Bear
  • Stamps: Cat's Pajamas A Beary Good Year
  • Ink: Memento Black and copics
  • Paper: Papertrey New Leaf, Pinefeather, Dotty Biscotti dsp
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Glitter Glue, Stampin' Word Window and Modern Label Punches, Nestabilities circles and scalloped circles, Crystal Stickers Gold Glitter Domes, misc ribbon


Frogs in Your Underpants
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Unfroggetable
  • Ink: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: Papertrey New Leaf, unknown light green, Reminisce Green Day dsp
  • Accessories: Papertrey New Leaf buttons, Stampin' Up Scallop Border Punch, circle punches



Shamrock Blessings
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Every Little Bit
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Forest Foliage (old), Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Forest Foliage (old), Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Certainly Celery dsp
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Scallop Border Punch, misc green ribbon, Stampin' Up gems colored with Copics to match the four greens
  • Challenges: SplitCoast Sketch Challenge


7 comments:

  1. What fun cards! I love all the green, especially the little frogs. So happy you could help Card Patterns celebrate our 2nd anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all your green cards...my fav color! Thanks for joining us in the Card Patterns 2nd Anniversary Festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frog sentiment is too funny! Perfect with the adorable frogs on the front! :) I've always liked bears (teddy bears, that is), so I really like your first card a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love those green cards they almost pop from the screen. I especially like the one you did for cardpatterns soo cute thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards and the idea for a card fundraiser for church is a good one - such talent! Just became a follower and would love if you follow me too.
    Mama loveBug from LoveBug Creations
    http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The frog card is genius!!I love how you did the eyes on the frogs! Great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!