Friday, April 29, 2011

Could they be any different??

As usual, I have waited until the last minute to play the monthly sketch challenge at i{heart}2stamp


The sponsor for this sketch is Unity Stamps.  Although it isn't a requirement, I had wanted to use a Unity Stamp on my card, but I don't have many.  I have giant cupcakes which wouldn't fit.  I have some large sentiments.  And I have a Valentine's set.  So I gave up on Unity and went for another new set that I just received from Our Daily Bread.  It's a whole set that fits inside Spellbinders Labels 18 - each have birds and butterflies - absolutely beautiful stamps!


I finished that card, but before I posted it I decided to stretch and wander out to my mailbox.  I had a small package from a company from which I had ordered some copics.  When I opened the package, I was surprised because I had forgotten that I had picked up one Unity Stamp from their clearance section!!  And it was a square and the right size to fit the sketch!!  So here's my totally different second card:


Same sketch...totally different cards!

Praying For You:
  • Stamps: Our Daily Bread Birds and Butterflies Labels, Our Craft Lounge Prayers and Blessings sentiment
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip and a Baja Breeze marker
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Parisian Breeze dsp
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Spellbinders Labels 18, Martha Stewart Hydrangea Punch, misc pearls, Stampin' Up embossing folders
You're A Star:
  • Stamps: Unity
  • Ink: Memento black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy CS and dsp, Daffodil Delight
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Real Red striped ribbon, misc gold brads

4 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous but I love love love that star stamp (and love the red and white ribbon behind it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two awesome cards! And you're right -- two very different looks! And you expertly pulled them both off! Awesome job with the April SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's what I love most about sketch challenges - being able to make such different looking cards with them even though it's the same layout. Your first card is so elegant and the second is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have definitely created two very different cards from this sketch Kim & they are both wonderful. Love the soft tranquility of the first & the fun, strong colours & imagery of the second. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!