Thursday, August 18, 2011

Technostamper: Falling Leaf

I wanted to do an alcohol ink leaf for tonight's cardmaking and I wanted the focus on the leaf, so I used the Techno Stamper sketch challenge for the week.



I love the incredibly rich colors and the depth of color that you can get with alcohol inks.  I use the felt applicator and, for this leaf, added 6 drops of Latte alcohol ink, 2 drops of Sunset Orange, 2 of Oregano, 2 of Sunshine Yellow.  Then I just smooshed it around on some glossy paper until I liked the color mix.

  • Stamps: Rubbernecker leaf swirl, Savvy sentiment
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Papertrey Fine Linen, misc glossy white
  • Ink: Staz-On Timber Brown, Alcohol Inks in Latte, Sunset Orange, Oregano and Sunshine Yellow.
  • Accessories: Leaf #2 die (from Sizzix or Stampin' Up), misc twill
This is the fun challenge that lets me show you the other entrants!  (You do have to go to Mary Jo's blog if you want to enter.)


4 comments:

  1. Very classy. The effect on the leaf is wonderful and the overall design compliments it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect! I love the swirls on the top and that leaf is just beautiful. What a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun technique. I don't have any alcohol inks ... so am not really sure what they are??? This is such an elegant card, Kim! Amazing! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!