Monday, March 19, 2012

CAS Sketch: Peace be unto you

Today's Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast was to use a sketch as found on a card by Arizona Maine.  What a stunning card!  Then I made the mistake of peeking at the gallery before I did my card (usually a big NO-NO because I get intimidated).  Sure enough, amongst all the other beautiful cards were two by design team buddies of mine that you HAVE to check out - Blue Skies by Bridget and Easter Tulips.  I was definitely intimidated.

So I sat down to watch the first video of this session of Online Card Classes called Creative Chemistry 101 by Tim Holtz.  I am GOING to learn all of those amazing blending techniques that, right now, I can only drool over, but this video was all about terminology and product types.  I decided to sit down with some distress pads and do a pre-class card using a minimal amount of blending and a spritz of Perfect Pearls...


I am happy with the results - although it would be hard to be unhappy given the theme of the card! - and I am anxious to see what I am able to do after a few weeks of classes.

  • Stamps: DRS Designs (crosses), sentiment in Close To My Heart He Is Risen
  • Paper: Papertrey Lavender Moon and Classic Kraft
  • Ink: Ranger Distress Inks in Milled Lavender, Evergreen Bough, Stormy Sky, Versafine black
  • Accessories: Fiskars squeeze punch, Perfect Pearls mist, Ranger blending handle and foam.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Kim,you did an amazing job , well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely gorgeous Kim ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding! The beautiful colors that you used as the background for the crosses are simply perfect!! Gorgeous card, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is stunning...and that is what you were able to make before even delving into the class! I can't wait to see what you come up with afer class is underway! I especially love the colors you blended and the pretty effect of Perfect Pearls. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Kim! I love the background you created behind the crosses! Your card is perfect in its simplicity. There is nothing that distracts from the message!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If that's your card pre-class then I am fully prepared to be blown away by what you come up with after a few lessons! This is absolutely gorgeous and serene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a striking card, Kim! It really stands out in the SCS gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!