Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Take 2 on Balloons

I made and posted a card earlier today that I loved in every way except for the colors.  It was pink and purple as per today's Splitcoast color challenge - and I really don't like pink and purple (or I simply don't know how to use them!)  It has bugged me all day - and I finally sat down and remade the card in my style!!


Better??


  • Stamps: Papertrey Heart-2-Heart #2
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Peach Parfait dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Peach Parfait
  • Accesories: Papertrey die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, various punches

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm with you on the whole colour thing, Kim; I cannot make pink and purple (especially bright or bold) work together! Your first card is, however, cute, and would totally work for a girl. I LOVE this one, though. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Kim. These colors make much prettier balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree ... BETTER! I do like this combo ... and love the background embossing! But ... I did like the more 'girly' take, too! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are much better...you are right! I love the embossed background as well. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm with you on the softer colour scheme but lots of folk love bright colours too! Super cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is beautiful! I love the texture and design. Those balloons are awesome, esp. the one lingering string. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colours and I love the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!