Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Boo from Me to You!

It's Black Tie week at Dynamic Duos...I LOVE Black Tie week because when you think about it, it's effectively one color since black is the other color and it's a neutral!!  Plus there is always a dessert option and I am always happy with dessert.

This week, the second color is River Rock and the dessert is brads.  This could make for an incredibly elegant card.  I've seen some of the other design team cards and they are gorgeous.  But I had an opportunity to play at a friend's house this week.  She is a Stampin' Up demonstrator with a passion for Halloween - so had every new Halloween item for me to play with.  What else could I do?


Happy Boo from Me to You!

The spider is actually a brad.  I'm a little disappointed in him.  He was a charming little guy with a sparkling purple gem in the middle.  I colored the gem with a black Copic hoping for a sparkling black spider - but he got a little dull.

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team, then pull out your River Rock (or something that is close) and link up your card.  We love to see what you create!


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Mixed Medley (hostess), Monster Munchies
  • Paper: Stampin' Up River Rock dsp
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up River Rock ribbon (retired), Spider Web embossing folder and 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, Making Memories spider brads, Imaginisce Eye of Newt brads (They are really called that!!  They are wonderfully sparkly black brads!)

15 comments:

  1. Love the web embossing! This is way too cute Kim, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that big embossed web is FUN and I love that've you've added some baby webs alongside! Great card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funs card Kim and I love that embossed spider's web!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim: This is super cute, and just for the record....I just want you to know that you are welcome to link this at Word Art Wednesday. It doesn't have to be scripture, it just has to be sweet, which this certainly is. I just LOVE seeing your beautiful art, and really hope you will continue to link up and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a great week, and I really hope to see you soon!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Halloween card - I never thought of that with these colours and it works perfectly!!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this combo for a Halloween card, Kim! The embossed spider web is fantastic and that little spider brad is a great touch. The ribbon treatment is really fun, too. Your cards always have such great details,, Kim! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute Halloween card! I love the spider webs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embossing folder was perfect for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great use of these colors, Kim! I love that little spider and the embossing on the cardstock and paper! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those little spider webs Kim, fabulous design elements and brads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those little spider webs Kim, fabulous design elements and brads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can hear the smiles in your post, Kim! You really did have fun, didn't you! The tag line on my blog is "Happiness is stamping with friends!" so true! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you went Halloween with this Kim! That spider is cute not dull...love the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!