Thursday, January 10, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch is back!!


This is my second post today.  
Seize the Birthday is just one post down!


After an extended holiday break, CAS(E) This Sketch is back!!

This week's sketch includes so much wonderful white space!


I was trying to get out of the box a little bit and I decided that I absolutely would NOT use a flourish as is seen in the sketch.  (I'm typically a very strict sketch follower!)  I started down that path of a branch with a bird - but I decided that really wasn't a stretch either as the sketch shows leaves like a branch.  But then I found this set in my box-of-stamps-that-won't-be-put-away-until-they-see-ink...

Rain and Rainbows
This is a 3 1/4" x 6 1/4" card (Stampin' Up has envelopes this size).  I picked it because it's narrow enough so the cloud and rainbow don't get lost but it's tall so it gives the appearance of a vast sky.

The picture doesn't clearly show that the rainbow is glittered!

Rainbow close

I hope you have fun with this sketch!  Link it up over at CAS(E) This Sketch - we love to see what you have done!
  • Stamps: Close To My Heart A Rainbow
  • Paper: black and white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight

18 comments:

  1. This is just perfect Kim, I see your mojo has returned, still looking for mine.What gorgeous stamps and I love the glittery colours too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! Love the design and the unusual length of the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful interpretation! Awesome job 'stepping out of that box'! Love all that glorious white space and LOVE the sparkles!

    Gotta ask, what type/brand of glitter did you use?

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hello today and leaving me such a lovely compliment (...always so exciting to get mail!)

    :) Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glitter on your rainbow! I have the perfect new stamp for this sketch...can't wait to get home to play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see the beautiful glitter Kim. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super interpretation of the sketch. i don't think I would get past the flourish, branch look! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tall card and I'm so glad you opted to go with an out of the box image! Wonderful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Kim, I love all the glittery goodness :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love the sparkle on the rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i love the sparkle on the rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your glittery rainbow is incredible Kim! This card is so totally pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun! I love the bright colours and the airiness of this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple and stunning! Love the sparkle on the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim, this is just too darn cute and that rainbow is simply amazing! I am in love with glitter and the way you glittered that rainbow is just so festive and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your rainbow, the popped up cloud, the sentiment, the black border and the shape of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute, Kims! I can see the sparkles in your sweet rainbow! This was well-thought and well-executed!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the card size. It's perfect for the image and makes an amazingly cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!