Saturday, October 5, 2013

Catered Crop: Canning Jar Recipe Swap

This week's recipe swap at Catered Crop is to use canning jars.  They can be real jars or stamped jars.  The challenge says...
For this challenge you can use a canning Jar (Mason, Kerr, Ball, etc.) and fill it, alter it, tag it, decorate it . . . what ever you want to do. Or you can create a card (or scrapbook page) with a canning jar on the card.
As usual, Linda has put together a Pinterest board full of inspiration and I almost felt inspired to alter a real jar.  But I am so firmly into paper-crafting, other types of crafts totally elude me. Luckily, there are great canning stamps out there!

Miss You So Much

It's hard to tell from photos, but this is just a tiny 3.25" card.   I've been having fun with this size lately - it's easy to put the entire focus on special stamps that might get lost on a bigger card, particularly when I tend to keep lots of white space.

Did you know it is World Card Making Day today??!!  I hope each of you gets a chance to celebrate!
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Crystal Clear, Word Salad
  • Paper: MME Adorbs, PTI Smokey Shadow
  • Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, Limeade Ice, SU Smoky Slate, Hero Arts Pale Tomato
  • Accessories: SU Island Indigo twine, clear sequins

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love how the jar is stamped off the background...fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darling - and another mini card! LOVE the minis!! You've showcased the stamp wonderfully!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a perfect take on the sketch. Love the simple flowers in a jar. Great bit of striped paper and a smattering of sequins...finished off perfectly. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kim! What a fun jar card...I adore this! Just had to stop by to wish you a happy World Card Making Day and thank you for year-round inspiration! I do love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, Kim! I love the colours here especially the Pale Tomato with the Limeade Ice. So yummy!

    It's such a fun sized little card. Are you able to get envelops for that size or do you make your own?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is just too cute! I love your idea with that fabulous canning jar and sweet flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I love how you stamped the jar off the page like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I imagine this one's mini size, it makes me love it even more. That jar off the edge is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!