Friday, January 24, 2014

Fresh Squeezed Stamps: Bold Bliss and Pastel Love

It's my day to post on the Fresh Squeezed Stamps blog and I am still having fun with their new heart sets - Love Signs and When Hearts Collide.  That's saying a lot given I don't generally do Valentines!

Bliss 3

I also used the sketch at unscripted sketches. It's a simple sketch but good inspiration for me since I typically tend to put my elements in the bottom right of the card.



I'm doing a two-fer today.  Every time that I have posted a card with either of these sets (click here to see all of my Fresh Squeezed Stamps posts), I comment on their flexibility.  But every card that I make is bright and bold.  It's no wonder since I am surrounded by men and boys and I simply don't have much use for soft and sweet Valentines.  Whether or not I have any use for it, I have wanted to use this stamp.  My mother and I had two obsessions hobbies in common - we loved to cross-stitch (or really any other kind of needlework) and we loved to make cards.  So this card is a tribute to my mom.

Stitched Love
Bold Bliss:
  • Stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps Love Signs, When Hearts Collide
  • Paper: PTI Summer Sunrise, MFT Red Hot, Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste dsp
  • Ink: MFT Red Hot, Hero Arts Wet Cement
  • Miscellaneous: Hemptique 10-lb gold twine, misc sequins
Pastel Love:
  • Stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps Love Signs
  • Paper: MFT Berrylicious
  • Ink: MFT Berrylicious, Bubblegum, Steel Blue
  • Accessories: PTI Impression Plate, misc rhinestones, MFT Delicate Doilies die, MFT Bubblegum button, Lawn Fawn Silver Sparkle Hemp Cord

13 comments:

  1. Your first card is a feast for the eye! Love the red/ orange combo, toned down with the neutrals. The Sequins are the perfect add on and I can imagine that the recipient will get a 'warm' feeling from/of this card.
    Well your second card touched my soul!
    Such a sweet thought and made with love and eye for details, delicate die, love the layering and the stitched sentiment.
    Perfect and personal, absolutely LOVE the COLORS!!!
    And most important, these cards are sooooooo you!!!
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring, all these people are lucky to know such a sweet person like you who makes all these gorgeous cards for them. I hope they cherish you!!
    (BTW, I forgot to mention your unique sense of humour!!! :-))
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards :) and what a sweet tribute to your mom. That's so cool that you am ur mom share the same hobby. I run far away from needlework ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous!!! Love the red and orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sch pretty cards, Kim; the first one is so bright & sunny, and the second one is so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loving the bright bold of the first and the soft, subtle of the second. You really are doing an incredible job of showing how versatile these sets really are, whether it's through design or colour! My fave thing of all, is the special tribute you paid to your Mom. It truly made my heart smile - and I'm sure hers is smiling too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are fantastic, Kim! Lovin' the bold colors and touches of sequins in the first one! And the second card is an absolutely beautiful tribute to your mom. Love all of the extra special details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Gorgeous Kim!!! Love both of your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I love your CAS card of the Fresh Squeezed, And so great of you to join the Unscripted Sketches challenge this week!!! I loved it and so glad you joined in too! I LOVE seeing your work and ecstatic played along!

    Your card for your mom pulled at my heartstrings. My mom lives with us now, and I makes cards for her as well, she knits and makes stickers and cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are fantastic, Kim, and they needn't be valentines. Either would work for anniversary cards and the one for your mom could be Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, both of your cards are just perfect for Valentine's Day or anniversary too. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever use of the sketch! Very pretty. And you other card is lovely too. Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A duo of beauty here, Kim - and the second one, as a tribute to your mom, makes my heart sing. I can feel the love that went into creating this stunning piece of art! My mom has special creative gifts as well - knitting, sewing, crocheting - and so appreciates and encourages the efforts I put into my crafty-dabbles. You're showcasing the impressive versatility of the FSS products with your always fresh and unique style and flair. Gorgeous pair; absolutely gorgeous!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!