Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Fab Friday: Make a Wish

This is my second post today.

I got to spend the afternoon playing at a friend's house who actually has more stash than I do - and it's all Stampin' Up!  I saw this fun paper called Birthday Basics and thought the patterns would look great with the tall panels on the sketch at Fab Friday.  Then I added a little ruffled ribbon just to sweeten it up.

ETA: So I went over to post this and realized one of the design team members at Fab Friday used exactly the same patterned paper in exactly the same way!  Great minds!!!

Make a Wish


Be sure to check out the new Copic charts on my sidebar.  No updates to Stampin' Up - that will happen when I get my hands on the new in-colors.  Papertrey Ink has the new Tropical Teal in it.  The My Favorite Things and Simon Says Stamp charts are brand new!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Make a Wish
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Birthday Basics, Bermuda Bay, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Crisp Cantaloupe ribbon and twine, SU vintage button

8 comments:

  1. Great minds, great cards. I love the colors and that ruffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning colors. Fabulous papers, button, and stamp! Just love this card. It practically sings. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ruffle :) and of course the lively colors on ur card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, Gosh, I'm gonna' miss this paper when it retires. I love what you did with it here and how you paired it with these shapes and textures. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with FabFriday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! I love how you used my card as an inspiration for your own. The addition of the ruffled ribbon and the button really make it extra special. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration for use of pattern paper and that ruffle is darling! Love it, Kims! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect card to wish someone happy birthday! I love the ruffled trim along the one edge. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!