Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sweet Sunday with PTI Inspiration: In Bloom Thanks

I want to make sure that all of my readers see the updated Copic match charts on my sidebar - so it's a Copic week in my craft corner.  Yesterday, I focused on my new charts for Simon Says Stamp.  Today, it's the updated chart for Papertrey Ink.  You can click on the image to go the download of the full chart - or the charts will always be linked on my sidebar.



Thanks

If I had all the time in the world - I would switch the blue and the green strip as the colored leaf and dsp merge for a fairly overwhelming blob of green.

The colors on this card come from this month's Papertrey Inspiration Archive


The sketch comes from Sweet Sunday Sketch.



It wasn't a big update on the Papertrey Ink chart - only the addition of Tropical Teal.  If you don't feel like downloading and re-coloring the entire chart, you could simply add the changes at the bottom of your current chart.

The trio selected by Papertrey is G05, G16 and G28 which even they say is on the green side.  I pick BG49 which is on the blue side.  Prismacolor has a decent match with PM185, also on the blue side.  All of these picks actually match the cardstock when the cardstock isn't right up against the coloring.  It just depends on the look that you are going for - are you highlighting the green or the blue?
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink In Bloom, Mini Blooms (sentiment)
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush, Fine Linen and Harvest Gold CS, New Leaf and Aqua Mist dsp
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Woodgrain Impression Plate, Berry Sorbet button, Lil' Inkers Stitched Square, Verve sequins, Hemptique 10-lb white twine

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous color combo! Love your take on both of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the green! Thanks for the update!!
    That stampset you used is so beautiful and the sequins such a sweet touch of perfection. :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT'S a pretty bloom! Lovely spring card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, lovely use of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, not seeing any blobs here. I actually like the greens together. This is a gorgeous card. Wonderful blossom, and am loving your wood grain panel-great color choice for that too. Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Kim, I would normally steer away from a sketch as complicated as this but you have totally nailed it and the colour combo too, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love how you've only used a portion of the flower and it seems to peek out from behind the button!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!