Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: More Bouquets

Just a reminder that there is still time to play along with the challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Bouquet.


Our sponsor is Penny Black and there are prizes available!!  Be sure to check out the challenge link above. 

I am using two different Penny Black sets on this card.  A fabulous floral set called Pretty Petals and a set of sentiments called Heartfelt.  I have to admit that I had a lot of false starts on this card.  I was trying to come up with some unique and creative way to totally showcase the gorgeous flowers.  I tried vellum, I tried Distress Inks, I tried a variety of layouts.  But I finally woke up and realized that these flowers can stand alone.  They can be works of art (just check out other design team cards from and also the Penny Black blog), but they can also stand by themselves with the right sentiment and make a great card.

The Little Things

Those simple flowers, blowing in the breeze, just make me smile!!

They can also be elegant.

So Sorry

I hope to see you playing along with the challenge - it's a good time to be thinking about "bouquets". You don't need to use Penny Black to play - but there is a gift certificate available for a randomly selected participant!!

SUPPLY LIST

The red background paper is Stampin' Up's retired Poppy Parade.

9 comments:

  1. These flowers are fabulous. Adore them embossed in white on the grey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards. I like that you used the same flower stamps but made them look so completely different. Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Both... love the coloring and the darling little butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are sweet little flowers and they do work perfectly on their own! Lovely card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I need that stamp... I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your two showcases of the same stamp are gorgeous. Glad you're not asking us to choose a preference!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!