Friday, August 7, 2015

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge Reminder: Orchard

Just a reminder that there is still time to play along with the challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Orchard.


I was so excited about moving into a fall theme, that I just had to make another card.  I took inspiration from the variety of apple colors and the tangle of greenery.

CC Thanks a Bunch of Apples

I love these teeny apples. It's part of the Taylored Expressions Little Bits - Fruit set.  It also has tiny grapes and cherries and pears and more.  Then I added a coordinating sentiment from the Berry Special set.

CC Thanks a Bunch CloseUp


I generally avoid watercoloring or sponging or most anything to do with Distress Inks - my personality does not do well with the lack of control.  But sometimes it all comes together such that I have to venture into this creative realm.  These apples were quite easy.  I just distressed rainbows of apple color onto a piece of cardstock, then cut the apples out of the portions that I liked the best! 



I hope to see you playing along at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!



SUPPLY LIST

11 comments:

  1. so cute! love the variation of color you got on your apples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Kim! Love how you colored the apples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card!!! I love how you got the variation of color by using that technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tiny apples are just darling, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card Kim. Love those apples... the distress colors look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your apples are delicious little delights, Kim; they're distress inked perfectly! Charming!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so get what you mean about "the lack of control" concerning watercoloring or distress inks. But how you've used it here is absolutely brilliant! Love the various colored brightly apples against the white background. And that embossed panel! Gorgeous!! This is a 'delicious' card (sorry, couldn't help the pun, lol). Love it! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout. Just perfect for those little apples. A friend just brought me a bag of early apples...hard to believe that we'll soon be moving into fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Love the embossed background and panel of tiny apples!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!