Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Card Concept: Daisies

This is my second post today!

I have the great thrill and honor of being the September guest at The Card Concept.  It is a fabulous challenge that gives an inspiration photo, then uses the inspiration in different card styles.  Their defined card styles are: Clean and Simple, Clean and Layered, Shabby Chic and Vintage, Clean and Graphic, and Freestyle Collage.  I was asked to be a "Clean and Layered" guest which describes my style perfectly!
  • Clean lines
  • Lots of layers
  • Designer papers/embossing
  • Embellishments/accents
  • Clean and fresh looking
  • Some colored images at times
  • White space
This is the inspiration for the new challenge:


I didn't venture too far away from the graphic with my flowers and colors.  When I first looked at the photo, I got the impression that the box of flowers was sitting on a newspaper.  Now that I look again, I don't think it is - but I'm happy it sent me looking for my black strip of print paper.

CC Thank You Daisies


I'm hoping my card fits right into the Clean and Layered definition!!  Definitely clean lines, a few layers, some patterns, twine and sequins, some coloring, lots of white space...check!!

I think most of us have already discovered The Card Concept, but if not be sure to check it out. Even if you don't play along, it's a great place to browse and to figure out the styles that work for you.

SUPPLY LIST

23 comments:

  1. I think the perfect card for the inspiration Kim! So glad to have you join us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to have you join us as GD and this is one stunning card.I think the card perfectly fits the style and the layer of text really grounds the image x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is perfection! You are definitely an inspiration to me in the CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful clean and layered card. I love the newsprint, and it DOES kind of look like the box is sitting on some! So fun to have you join us this month at TCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed this challenge!! I love those graphic flowers and the way you layered everything on this card. Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! The way you everything layered is just stunning!! & the text background is just gorgeous against that pretty blue. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this card! I have that stamp set, so I feel a CASE coming on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY Kim, congrats on guesting this month!! Your card is so pretty, love the flowers and the strip of text paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim your card is fabulous! I'm so glad that you joined us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I just love this wonderful color combination! GREAT job as a guest designer! LOVE it!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those flowers and the bit of black to anchor things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheering and applauding your GD role, Kim and WOW! What a stunning card you've created with the beautiful daisies and printed paper. In awe...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzers! Perfect selection of papers and colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoo hoo on the GD appearance!! Rocked the photo and way to flash the Verve :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw you over at the Card Concept, Kim ... congratulations on your GD spot! Gorgeous card ... crisp, fresh, pretty ... and such lovely layers! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card - so crisp and clean and using some of my favorite Verve stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice, I love the blend of colours and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card Kim, so glad you are guest designing with us this month at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Glad you joined us as Guest DT!
    Lilian TCC DT
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! Glad you joined us as Guest DT!
    Lilian TCC DT
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well ... this is such an eye catcher. Typical Kim style ... just the way I love it! Sigh ... very envious of your talent, Kim! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super to have you Guest Designing with us at TCCC.
    LOVE the daisies and pops of black!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!