Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: Heartfelt Sympathy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle.


I sat down to work on this card one morning after I had dropped off some cards at my church and realized there wasn't a single sympathy card there.  I couldn't even remember the last time I had made a sympathy card. I check my blog categories and the last one that showed up was in April. No wonder the church didn't have any. So that's the direction I went with this sketch. I kept it very, very simple so I could easily make a number of them to take up to the church. 

FMS Heartfelt

It doesn't get much simpler than this.  I love the calm and peaceful look of it.

In a completely different mood - guess who I saw yesterday?  I was in my PJs, happily crafting about 7:30 in the morning - and I got a message from the fabulous Jen Timko.  She was in town for pilot training (I think she said something about practicing disaster drills and emergency landings!) but before she went off and did that - we got a chance to meet and chatted about stamping and our boys for 2 1/2 hours.  SO fun!!  Other than the fact that I look distinctly cross-eyed - this selfie is proof that I got to spend time with her. Aren't I lucky?  I love this online world of cardmaking and blogging that we all live in, particularly when it becomes real life!

SUPPLY LIST


11 comments:

  1. Your card is soft and lovely Kim! Cute photo of you two crafty ladies, so happy you got a chance to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft pink with neutrals on your card! Soooo pretty! And you two are looking pretty darn good yourselves for an early morning meet! I love meeting online friends for real! So glad you managed to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful color choices on this!! Oh so pretty! And you look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sympathy card, Kim! I never even gave a thought to using stamps for the shapes and you've done such a fabulous job with those butterflies. And I'm so happy you and Jennifer got to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love butterflies for a sympathy card. And your's are beautiful. Love how you've use them for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simplicity at its best :) and you guys look awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! It is so peaceful and wonderfully CAS! Perfect for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A soft, delicate, gorgeous sympathy card, Kim. The photo of you and Jen: fabulous! Isn't meeting crafty friends in real life the best? I didn't realize Jen was a pilot...another WOW!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card! I love those soft butterflies and the subtle colours! I also really love that picture of you and Jen! What a fun time! We definitely need a team get together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all I'm so jealous you guys got to hang out! Secondly, I adore your card - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so pretty! I hadn't seen it yet when we chatted and these butterflies are a lovely take on the sketch! Thanks so much for dropping what you were doing to come over and hang out! Made all that emergency stuff SOOOO much more tolerable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!