Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Happy for You

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda.


My card might take a bit of explanation today - these are not normal flower colors.  

FMS Happy Day

This is a birthday card for the biggest Denver Broncos football fan that I've ever met. She knows every stat, every injury, every play, every announcer - everything.  People drop by her office all day long to ask her questions and get updates. Here's the Broncos symbol.  (I did have tone the colors down just a bit - I couldn't quite go all the way with the vivid team colors.)


The colors on this card make it clearly and obviously for her and isn't that what makes cardmaking a wonderful hobby??!! 

I hope to see you playing along this week!

SUPPLY LIST

The sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up set called Friendly Phrases.  The paper is Stampin' Up Peach Parfait.

9 comments:

  1. I love these funky flower diecuts! Such a fun card! And speaking as someone who was delighted that the Broncos won the Super Bowl I think it is terrific you used team colors for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just perfect! And I totally agree with you that personalising a card is what makes this hobby of ours so very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flower dies are perfect for this sketch! And I love how you've personalized the card with your color choice. I love these colors together even without the significance of their intended meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Kim! I love those flower diecuts and those colours! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when non-traditional colors are used in a traditional way. And when those colors are especially meaningful to the recipient, it's even better! Those outline flowers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to use this die too! I love these flowers and adore the colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally nailed this one! Sure to bring totally joy!!! Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is such a fabulous card. It's so much fun to be able to personalize cards like you did. Your flowers and your layered banners are so pretty and clean and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card for a Broncos fan! From the day we moved to Denver in 1971, my mother found a way to incorporate the Broncos colors into all sorts of things, including the first outfit for 6th grade that she sewed for me.

    It's actually one of my favorite fall color combinations to this day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!