Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Butterfly Birthday

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum.


As I was thinking about this card over the weekend, I also needed a birthday card for a workmate on Monday. I was a bit stumped, but then I remembered that she has two pieces of art on her wall with black butterfly outlines and splashes of color on a white background.  Here's what I came up with.

FMS Butterfly Birthday

The butterfly is a bit brighter and more cheerful than the above picture.

FMS Butterfly Close-Up


My husband continues to recover from surgery last week. He was actually out of bed for the entire Super Bowl yesterday!  The surgeon said probably two weeks before he felt much like moving around, but I have a tough time picturing him getting around one-footed even then.  He's a big man and his cast is huge - so it's a bit comedic watching him try to get around (but I only laugh on the inside!).  He sleeps A LOT, which is good because when he's up, he's already bored.  On Saturday, I was downstairs making cards and our son was doing homework in his room and we got a text from him saying he was lonely.  It's going to be a long few months (mostly for my husband but I can whine a tiny bit too.)  I'm praying it solves the problem - because he's got to face this with the other foot this summer.

Have fun with this sketch!!

SUPPLY LIST

I found the top butterfly and it's linked below.  There's also a coordinating solid butterfly for the bottom by Memory Box called Moonlight Butterfly. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Kim, I love the PP behind the butterfly! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Kim! I love that butterfly and that brick wall embossed background! It's so pretty and very elegant looking! The sequins are so bright and cheery! This will definitely make someone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love that pretty dsp behind the butterfly's wings. Wishing your hubby a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the textured brick wall background. And the butterfly is so gorgeous - especially with the colorful dots. Hopefully your husband's recovery will just whiz by! Maybe you could teach him some stamping tricks to keep him occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that brick background and that beautiful butterfly! And yeoow I didn't know your husband was going to do this again! Not easy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful, thoughtful, 'personal' card for your colleague. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the third piece of art on her office wall! Good news that husband was up and about a bit, but poor guy....bored and lonely doesn't sound like fun at all! I know you'll do your best to keep him company. As for you: we're hear to listen and support you through this as well. I know what my husband is like when he can't do what he wants *grin*
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is stunning! Beautifully CAS yet so much detail and how wonderful you were inspired by the recipient's own decor. Hope the recovery time goes quickly - for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That butterfly is so awesome! I love the tiny, yet colorful print behind the cutout and the background texture is perfect to give all the white some personality. It's so wonderful to be able e someone such a personalized card straight from the heart. Oh, I also wanted to say that I saw so many really, really amazing cards scrolling back to this one. I fell in love over and over! I love what you created with Faith in Bloom; that just skyrocketed to the top of my wish list. Grumplings are awesome, too! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!