Friday, June 9, 2017

Stampin' Up 2017 In-Color Copic Matches


I have come up with Copic color matches for the 2017-19 Stampin' Up In Colors!!  I have two charts on my sidebar - one is just the In Colors. One is a full chart including current colors, in colors, and all retired colors. Just click on it then print or download.  

If you are planning on coloring in the little squares - be sure you print it onto the same paper that you would use for cardmaking.  Paper can make a difference in how the color comes up.  (My matches were determined using Neenah Classic Crest Solar White.)

The last two years of in colors have been tough to match. Take Tranquil Tide for instance.  Hold your cardstock next to Lemon Lime Twist. Do you see how blue Tranquil Tide looks? Then hold it next to Berry Burst.  Now the green comes out.  So there are multiple matches for many of the colors so you can go in the direction that best works for your card. 

One other little hint - if I'm doing any shading with a darker color - I tend to use one shade down from the color in the chart and then shade with the chart color.  So if I'm using Berry Burst and the chart says RV66 - I'll start with RV63 and shade with RV66.  The more you go over a color, the darker it gets - and since these charts were intended for colors that matched - they might get too dark if you are blending and saturating the paper.

BTW - my Copic collection has grown extensively since the above picture was taken.  The purples even have their own bucket now because the other colors took over my storage system!!  There are just a handful that I don't own - but none of them were in the range of this year's colors, so I don't think I'm missing anything.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this and sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim! This is great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! How did I not know you had all of these wonderful resources on your blog! Maybe because I am just beginning with Copics and have started to pay moe attention to such things! Every time I go to Michael's I buy two or three a markers.......which is crazy .....I need to bite the bullet, find a good sale and buy a whole bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I spend hours trying to find matches!! I can't figure out how to get to your charts though.
    Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this! I use the colic more than the SU markers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is helpful, not for me since I do not own any Copics, however a lot of my customers and friends own them and I like to help when I can. Funny how you message the colors next to colors how different they look. When I bought my car, they took it around back and washed it while I was signing papers....when I walked out to get in it, it was now cloudy and I thought it was not the same car....I had left something inside when I test drove and it was still sitting on the seat....sunlight to cloudy....green and blue colors change...
    thanks again

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!