Thursday, May 24, 2018

CAS(E) this Sketch: Take Over the World

My youngest son graduated from high school last night!!  This was the son that I wasn't sure would ever get there - but he did - and he did it with honors!!

I had a graduation card made for him quite some time ago, but a new set from Newton's Nook caught my eye - Newton's Graduation.  We have two beloved family cats and both of them fully embody this sentiment!

Newton Takes Over

I clearly didn't color the cat.  We have one cat who is a calico who definitely wants to take over the world but I do not have the skill set to color this as a calico.  The other cat is the sweeter cat and he's the one who would have made sure that Erik got a graduation card(!) but he's white with a patch of black on his tail and rear-end, the top of his head and right around the nose (he looks like Hitler!) so is not particularly attractive.  So I left this cat white and Erik can use his imagination!

By the time I noticed this set and ordered it, we already had graduation parties and house guests in full swing.  I needed a starting point to get this done so looked through my favorite challenges and came up with CAS(E) this Sketch!  I haven't played along with them in forever - although I look at and admire each and every sketch and design team card.  This sketch, upside down, was clearly graduation hats flying through the air!!  Thanks CtS!


SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Newton's Nook Graduation
Cardstock: Taylored Expressions Jelly Donut
Ink: Memento Black, Copics
Other: Nuvo Silver Moondust Glitter Drops (on top of each hat)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son! I love how you personalize your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the adorable kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your son! And what a great card to celebrate his graduation. The caps are a great confetti background and your sweet kitty is a special touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!