Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Time to Celebrate

This week's sketch for Freshly Made Sketches was created by me!!  It's always a little nerve-wracking to put a sketch out there and see who "happily" plays along.


Sadly, I struggled with my own sketch even though it's only three vertical strips and a horizontal sentiment.  When I came up with the sketch, I thought that worst case scenario, I could use some wonderful patterned paper for the strips and call it good. But I always feel a bit more pressure when it's my sketch.  Luckily I received something I ordered that included these fun candles!

FMS Time to Celebrate

The timing was perfect on this as I have workmate with a birthday tomorrow!  She's not frilly or feminine - and I don't know her well enough to use anything sarcastic - so I figured some candles, confetti and a few sequins would work.

FYI - the candles are by Reverse Confetti and actually come in a grouping of five.  Since I needed to separate into three panels, I cut my strips and lined up the die so the other four candles hung off the edge of the Big Shot and didn't cut.

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this sketch - have fun!!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Reverse Confetti Birthday Wishes
Dies: Reverse Confetti Candles, Taylored Expressions Double-Ended Banners (stretched out a bit by cutting one edge and then sliding the die to cut the other edge)
Embossing Folder: Taylored Expressions Sprinkles
Miscellaneous sequins and cardstock to match the sequins!

6 comments:

  1. These candles are perfect for your sketch! Patterned paper would have too -- wish I would have thought of that. And I love the color combo. I enjoyed working with your sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the diecut candles and the confetti background is wonderful! Thanks for the great sketch this week.....it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch, Kim! And what a great card - the negative die-cut candles look fabulous lined up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! This is such a fun card Kim! I love those die cut candles and the super cool embossed background! Great colours!!! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost got those dies--love them & your wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The confetti background and the candles say "celebration" to me! I'm sure your workmate was totally wowed by this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!